Re: Spam with date set in the future

2002-07-21 09:18:12
On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Alan Clifford wrote:

4 spams hit the autoresponder.  The irritating thing about this is that
I could have trapped 3 of those if my pop box provider would cooperate.
They all have message ids that seem to have been put in by the provider
so I guess they arrived there without a message id.

Walt Dnes' spamdunk includes recipes to check for things like "From
address is external but Message-ID is local" (where "local" includes your
ISP).

        http://www.waltdnes.org/email/spamdunk/index.html

I used [a slightly hacked-upon] spamdunk until a few months ago, when I
installed SpamAssassin. (Spamdunk is entirely in procmail, SpamAssassin
also requires perl.)