Re: Reply-To, From headers

2002-07-01 07:55:20
On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Igor Kolar wrote:

Often, I reply to these messages directly from the solaris box, not the
original web-mail address. However, I would like to set the mail headers
(From; or Reply-To at the very least) to indicate as if the replied
message originated from that web-based address.

That means I need to filter outgoing mail.

No, it means you need to use a mail user agent that allows you to set the
Reply-To (or From) header.  Pine, for example, has "roles" that can be
defined based on the headers (and a few other characteristics) of the
message being replied-to.

And hey, wow, it would appear from the Message-ID of your message that
you're even using pine!  So you're all set.  Just hit m s r r to go to
the main setup rules roles screen, and start reading the help.

If you don't find a roles screen, upgrade to the latest pine.