Re: [PROCMAIL] Summary Re: Best practices: .forward and .procmailrc?

2003-01-13 11:33:15
 Not really, not all servers that are set up to use procmail...

        By default Postfix and Exim do not use procmail as the LDA.
Postfix cannot use procmail as the LDA for "virtual" users.  I cannot
speak to recent versions of Sendmail (haven't used it in a couple of
years) and I have not used qmail.

        I'm using procmail as the LDA primarily because

(1) It supports the Maildir format (and my MTA's default LDA does not)
(2) As a filtering mechanism, it has a big community, is very
well-documented (and has a large library of recipes on the 'Net), and is
already integrated into the SquirrelMail web-mail U.I. via a plug-in.

--Derek