Re: New Procmail Recipe Forum at UNIX.COM for the Procmail Community

2003-02-15 13:59:51
On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 the voices made Tim Bass write:

TB> Sean,

 I'm not Sean, but I agree with him and got nothing better to do, so... =)

TB> First of all, I am not a bigot against client mailers and don't attack
TB> people because they might use an MS product on their desktop and an UNIX
TB> server on the back end.  UNIX.COM is run on Linux and I like to also run
TB> other OS, why does that offend you?  Are you older than 15?  Or just a
TB> computer OS religious zealot?   Want to terrorist me?

 Tim, you proved Seans point by top-posting, something a lot of people using
that mailclient does; not because those users are stupid, but because that
software happens to promote bad behaviour.

TB> Second of all, if providing a new forum for posting recipes is SPAM in your
TB> mind, then you have too much time, hate and anger on your hands.  My advise,
TB> try exercise or a proper diet.

 Fighting spam using procmail might be on-topic on the list, but joining this
(or any other) list just to promote your own webforum is very spamish... and
even if you ignore that, it's just plain rude and shows no respect for the
people that's spent maybe years helping people on this list.
 That you don't recognize Sean as valuable member of the procmailcommunity just
shows that you're not into it to help the community, but just trying to get
more users into your lil webthingie.

TB> Third, if my opening comment of "being nice and gracious" is considered spam
TB> by you, then you need both medication and excerise AND a proper diet :)

 Remind me again, who was it you thought was being childish...

TB> Joining a list to provide a link to a newly created Procmail receipe forum
TB> is not spam,

 How would you react if I joind all your webforums and told people to go to my
mailinglists instead?

TB> You would not be welcome on UNIX.COM, because our forums, with 24,000
TB> registered users have a rule that being rude is not allowed.  We only allow
TB> NICE, INTELLIGENT and SOCIALABLE RESPONSIBLE people to post and moderate.

 Judging by this e-mail that I'm replying to, you can't be allowed to post
there yourself, right?!

--