Re: noisiest posters

2003-02-15 16:39:11
On 15 Feb, David W. Tamkin wrote:
| Don Hammond wrote,
|
|| Here's the top 3 posters to this list for ... 2002:
|
|| 2002
||  204 guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu
||  247 dattier(_at_)ripco(_dot_)com
||  546 pse-l(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org
|
| Ow, that's scary.  I stopped writing from Ripco around August (because of a
| procmail situation, as a matter of fact).  How close would I be to Sean and
| how far would I leave Philip in the dust if my addresses were aggregated?

You know I was aware that those numbers weren't representative for you.
But it was mostly collateral to the point, and I didn't expect you to
call me on it. ;-)

These include anything with "dattier".  Is that everything?

   1 rossbox(_at_)dattier(_dot_)mailshell(_dot_)com
   3 dattier(_at_)pop2a(_dot_)ripco(_dot_)com
 105 dattier(_at_)panix(_dot_)com
 204 guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu
 247 dattier(_at_)ripco(_dot_)com
 546 pse-l(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org

Since it's come up, it's just a simple matching of From: headers from
the archive. It's not necessarily exact, but should be representative.

---(cut here: tabulate2)---
#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use vars qw( $pattern %h %c );
$pattern = shift || "";
$pattern and $pattern = q/.*/ . $pattern;

while( <> )
{
   next unless /^From:$pattern/;
   # next if/mailto:/;
   chomp;
   s/.*?([^ <]+\(_at_)[^ >]+).*/$1/;
   s/^\[mailto://;
   s/]$//;
   $h{$_}++;
}

while( my($k,$v) = each %h )
{
   push @{$c{$v}},"\L$k";
}

for my $count ( sort {$a<=>$b} keys %c )
{
   printf "%4d %s\n",$count,$_ for @{$c{$count}};
}
---(cut here: tabulate2)---

Feed it an mbox archive and it'll spit out all the posters.  Give it a
match (e.g. tabulate2 '(dattier|guenther|professional\.org)') and it'll
return just those that match.

--
Email address in From: header is valid  * but only for a couple of days *
This is my reluctant response to spammers' unrelenting address harvesting