RE: Auto reply?

2003-04-29 13:40:54
Ok first of all when I typed "you all" I did not mean all procmail users...
I meant all of you who keep posting different information on why/how to have
the person that sends you an email also have to then send a "confirmation"
... HEY I really meant to send that email email.

This all seams like "doing to much" to me.  It seams to me that this is a
lot of work for the person setting it up and to many hoops to go through for
the person sending you an email.
Granted if this works for you,  than great and if you can get 100% of the
people sending you valid emails to also send a confirmation than even
better.... But if you do not get 100% of those people to send the
"Confirmation" than they also would think "you are doing to much".

I mean with this "confirmation" message sure you probably eliminate 100% of
SPAM... But you do not get 100% of valid emails.  So what is better missing
some real email while preventing all SPAM or Getting all real email while
preventing most spam?

As far as "top-post" I do not know what this means???

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: procmail-bounces(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
[mailto:procmail-bounces(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE]On Behalf Of
Tony L.
Svanstrom
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 10:28 AM
To: Fuzzy Logic
Cc: procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Subject: Re: Auto reply?

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 the voices made Fuzzy Logic write:

FL> Somehow, I don't think top-posting is the end of the world, and many of
us
FL> prefer it.  Go ahead and check my headers.  I'm using Pine where it is
FL> configurable, and yet I still use top-post.  Go figure.

 Oh, I don't have to think to hard to figure it out... He didn't know
better,
and you... well... I'm sure that if my vocabulary wasn't so limited you'd be
in
the twit-filter part of my .procmailrc, but as things are you happen to be
in
the idiot-part. I sure hope I didn't insult anyone.

 One of these days I just have to get myself a thesaurus...

--