Re: Auto reply?

2003-04-29 16:33:36
On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 the voices made multimedia-fan(_at_)myrealbox(_dot_)com
write:

And you still cannot read, yet somehow you operate a computer, I called
him an illiterate moron because he flamed me for replying to his email
instead of the list while I was replying to his email which was to my
private email not to the list,

 Time for you to go to school again...

 The reply went to all the recipients, meaning both the list and directly to
you; which is a standard way of replying when there's no reply-to header (just
check Alan's postings to see how he's dealing with this; or, if you don't still
find yourself too important to do so, read man procmailex).

 Then you replied to me offlist only, which is _NOT_ the right thing to do; if
you wanted to remove one of the addresses it should have been my e-mailaddress
(since you knew I'm subscribed to the list); but I actually don't mind getting
a copy directly to me (it might actually be considered prefered, since lists
sometimes are slow and/or don't work properly).

 In Internettime this happened a long time ago, learn how to move on; I mean,
if this is such a great event in your life that you have to relive it and talk
about it again and again, then there's something seriously wrong.

--