Re: VirusSnag.rc - modify to clean & pass through

2004-02-19 16:09:55
On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 11:54:40PM +0100, Holger Wahlen wrote:

Dallman Ross wrote:

:0 b  #  this is an assignment recipe, not a delivering one
TENBODY=| head -10 | sed 's/^/> /'

Or simply:

  TENBODY=| sed 's/^/> /;10q'

Good thinking.

Should that recipe have an "i" flag, by the way?

I'm tempted to say no, but I don't know that it harms
anything.  As for whether it helps, well, . . .

My thinking about the "i" flag is that if an incomplete
pipe doesn't matter, then use it.  Here, an incomplete
pipe could screw up the assignment.

But it could be that my thinking on this is muddled.

--
dman