Re: Looking for old versions of procmail

2005-04-11 05:12:29
On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 04:38:08PM -0700, Professional Software Engineering
wrote:

I can contribute the following tarballs:

        3.13.1          (unofficial - backported fixes from 3.14,

This one's still interesting to me.  I have or was granted access to
all the others from 3.15.2 and below.  (I didn't grab them all.  I only
wanted to track some critical functionality changes, and could do that
with the ones I got.)  I don't have 3.21, but I don't really want to
keep them *all* -- I have limited space, and am near the end of it!  I
mainly wanted to test the older ones to see if they can be used with
public code I write.  At a minimum, I'd want SWITCHRC functionality;
without that, the workaround coding gets too messy.

I remember 3.11 (which consisted of multiple patches), but can't locate the
source archives within my own immediate archive index - quite probably
because I never used it myself since it never seemed stable -- it may be in
my less accessed archives which are in storage (and not
indexed).  FileWatcher returns several possibilities for 3.11:

<http://www.filewatcher.com/?q=procmail+11&min=&max=&pf=&df=&t=a&o=rd&mh=20&af=1>

I have had lots of offers of 3.11.x and have a couple already.  I only
bothered to test 3.11.7.  But see this link that Volker Kuhlmann sent
me, which he says he got by Googling:

http://www.funet.fi/pub/unix/mail/procmail/

Even has 3.06!  I didn't bother with that one, however.

Btw, those say theyre gzipped tarballs, but actually they're
compressed with zip.  I couldn't open them until I figured that
out.

I can't locate 3.13(.0) either.  Same for 3.20.  Filewatcher has a diff

I have 3.13 now.  I don't have 3.20 and don't really think I need it

Thanks, Sean.

--
dman