R: Trouble with deleting a message with /dev/null ( was : Emails notretrieved automatically)

2007-10-22 00:44:53
Bart wrote:

On 10/19/07, Ruud H.G. van Tol <rvtol(_at_)isolution(_dot_)nl> wrote:
Francesco Abeni schreef:
Spamassassin adds a "[SPAM]" to the subject of the message, so that i
can use a rule on my mail client to put it in a specific folder.

All other people here use procmail for that.

Not all.

(Well, I *do* use procmail to run spamc, so indirectly I "use procmail
for that", but ...)

I was about the reply the same. I call spamassassin via procmail:
spamassassin adds a header, and modify the subject, if the spam value is
exceeded. After that i download my mail with a POP3 client, so i cannot use
procmail to deliver in different folders. AFAIK.

However, I *don't* stick strings in square brackets into my subject
lines, spamassassin or otherwise.

Uh? I'm not sure i understand this. Do you mean that it's not a good thing
to write a subject with square brackets? And why?

Francesco Abeni
f(_dot_)abeni(_at_)givi(_dot_)it