R: Trouble with deleting a message with /dev/null ( was : Emailsnotretrieved automatically)

2007-10-22 02:56:54
Dallman Ross wrote:

(...) I mainly use my own spam traps in
procmail, but I do have a brief run at SA near the end of my procmail
setup for whatever's left that wasn't either whitelisted or detected
A s spammy by my own stuff.  I, too, decline to allow SA to alter
anything about my messages, though.  I let procmail write the info to
my log, and I file the message according to the SA result via procmail.

Why do you pop3 your alleged spam?  Leave it in a folder of its
own and sift through it when you need to look for false pozzes.
In any case, if you switch to IMAP you can download it to your local
machine in its own folder if you still wan to.

Thank you for your good suggestions. But the thread is going away from its
original meaning. I have no problem in catching spam and deal with it, even
if i am sure there are better ways. BTW i'm working at a customer site so
there are some limits in what i can / can't do.

Right now I am trying to set up a recipe that block (i.e. do not deliver to
its final recipient) every message that matches some conditions (sender
xyz(_at_)localdomain and recipient not in localdomain). I have set up such a
recipe, it works (the message is matched and the action taken: if i specify
a folder, the message goes there). But the message gets delivered anyway
after that.

I put the recipe in the global /etc/procmailrc since it's a global filter. I
call procmail on every message processed by postfix with the
"mailbox_command" postfix parameter. I really don't know what to check.

Thank you for any suggestion.

--
Francesco Abeni
f(_dot_)abeni(_at_)givi(_dot_)it