Re: R: Trouble with deleting a message with /dev/null ( was : Emails notretrieved automatically)

2007-10-22 02:32:55
On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 09:43:53AM +0200, Francesco Abeni wrote:

Bart wrote:

On 10/19/07, Ruud H.G. van Tol <rvtol(_at_)isolution(_dot_)nl> wrote:

Francesco Abeni schreef:

Spamassassin adds a "[SPAM]" to the subject of the message,
so that i can use a rule on my mail client to put it in a
specific folder.

All other people here use procmail for that.

Not all.

(Well, I *do* use procmail to run spamc, so indirectly I "use
procmail for that", but ...)

I was about the reply the same. I call spamassassin via procmail:
spamassassin adds a header, and modify the subject, if the
spam value is exceeded. After that i download my mail with a
POP3 client, so i cannot use procmail to deliver in different
folders. AFAIK.

However, I *don't* stick strings in square brackets into my
subject lines, spamassassin or otherwise.

Uh? I'm not sure i understand this. Do you mean that it's not a
good thing to write a subject with square brackets? And why?

I took Bart's comment to be that he doesn't believe in mechanically
altering Subject lines that are sent to him, specifically not with
SpamAssassin.  I don't either.  I mainly use my own spam traps in
procmail, but I do have a brief run at SA near the end of my procmail
setup for whatever's left that wasn't either whitelisted or detected
as spammy by my own stuff.  I, too, decline to allow SA to alter
anything about my messages, though.  I let procmail write the info to
my log, and I file the message according to the SA result via procmail.

Why do you pop3 your alleged spam?  Leave it in a folder of its
own and sift through it when you need to look for false pozzes.
In any case, if you switch to IMAP you can download it to your local
machine in its own folder if you still wan to.

--
dman