RE: Trouble with deleting a message with /dev/null ( was :Emailsnotretrieved automatically)

2007-10-22 16:28:54
Francesco Abeni wrote Monday, October 22, 2007 11:57 AM:

Right now I am trying to set up a recipe that block (i.e. do
not deliver to its final recipient) every message that matches
some conditions (sender xyz(_at_)localdomain and recipient not
in localdomain). I have set up such a recipe, it works (the
message is matched and the action taken: if i specify a folder,
the message goes there). But the message gets delivered anyway
after that.

I put the recipe in the global /etc/procmailrc since it's a
global filter. I call procmail on every message processed by
postfix with the "mailbox_command" postfix parameter. I really
don't know what to check.

I can't remember if we've seen your recipe.  I don't suppose
you stuck a "c" on the initial line of that recipe, did you?
Because that would fork procmail and cause the message to be
delivered after the action of the initial recipe.

You could put another recipe below the first one just like it
and see what it catches, I suppose.

--
dman