about the SPF registry

2003-12-16 13:44:17
On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 09:48:14PM +0000, Wechsler wrote:
| I may be getting ahead of myself here, as I don't know how far the
| latest draft has propogated, but:
|
| Of the 205 domains in the SPF registry
| ( http://www.infinitepenguins.net/SPF/register.php )
|
| 38 parse cleanly
| 0 parse with warnings
| 150 parse with errors
| 17 are yet to be checked by the system

One of the comments at
http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/12/16/0349243&mode=thread&tid=111&tid=126&tid=95
says SPF is not promising because so few domains have registered.

Perhaps the registry should say "This registry was started on XXX date.
Since that time, N domains have registered here."

And perhaps the "parse with errors" line should be amended to say
"old-style records" and mention something about "this parser is not yet
complete".