Re: RE: Forwarders

2004-01-12 08:11:11
On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 14:43, R. Scott Perry wrote:

But to register 1,000 domains would cost somewhere around US$10,000.  That
is a *huge* cost for a spammer, compared to other costs.
                               -Scott

---
(http://www.declude.com)]

Compare those US$10,000 with the cost for, say, a full page
advertisement in Time magazine (which will probably have a smaller
outreach than a large-scale email-spam has). The "buy 1000 domains to
spam" advertisement will seem cheapo ;-)

Please don't misunderstand me: I'd very much appreciate a way to get rid
of spam - I simply question that widespread use of spf would allow us to
do so.

Best wishes and regards,

Ernst