Re: the inevitability of SRS

2004-01-13 08:43:33
In <40041116(_dot_)5040203(_at_)snert(_dot_)com> Anthony Howe
<achowe(_at_)snert(_dot_)com> writes:

I am trying to get SRS patches written for Postfix.  If you can help
with this, please join spf-devel.

The biggest issue I have with SRS is that it currently breaks email
address size limitations when the originators address is sufficiently
large, see:

      http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/rfcs/rfc2821.php#section4.5.3.1

I like being about to limit the length of the local and domain parts
of an email address. SRS breaks this.

Somewhere recently, I was reading about a mailing list that used a
very verbose VERP and it was being filtered by some broken firewall
software. :-<

I'll try and look into this more.

-wayne