Re: Discussion of Email Caller ID Boycott

2004-03-30 07:12:31
In <1080622785(_dot_)14089(_dot_)44(_dot_)camel(_at_)matt> Boycott Email Caller
ID <comments(_at_)boycott-email-caller-id(_dot_)org> writes:

I've founded a site dedicated to reasons against using Microsoft's
Caller-ID for E-mail.

While there are things I really dislike about MicroSoft's Caller-ID
(several are mentioned on your web page), I think I should point out
that both C-ID and Yahoo's domainkeys try to solve a slightly
different problem than SPF.  SPF tries to protect the RFC2821
envelope-from, while C-ID and DK try to protect the RFC2822 From:
header.  As such, these are complementary technologies, rather than
competitive.

So, there may well be people on the SPF list that support both SPF and
C-ID.  I don't think that it would be a good use of this mailing list
to have discussions just about the problems with C-ID.

-wayne