RE: Discussion of Email Caller ID Boycott

2004-03-30 09:03:46

I've founded a site dedicated to reasons against using Microsoft's
Caller-ID for E-mail.  I'm looking for comments with any additional
reasons that you guys can think of for choosing an open, unpatented
solution over a proprietary, controlled architecture,

This is clearly about the anti-Microsoft agenda of one individual
and not about promoting SPF or helping to reduce spam.

I think that the idea of a campaign like this is a totaly crackpot
idea and that any attempt to persue it would backfire. It would
rightly appear that supporters of the campaign considered their
anti-Microsoft agenda more important than solving the spam problem.

This sort of thing may play well on slashdot, but that community is
about as representative of the general public as the audience of
the Rush Limbaugh show is.

                Phill