Re: The New SPF: introducing RFROM

2004-05-24 15:37:26
"Justin" == Justin Mason <jm(_at_)jmason(_dot_)org> writes:

    Justin> BTW, if I recall correctly, last time I checked, the only
    Justin> MTA/MUA combo to use what the Caller-ID doc said was the
    Justin> behaviour regarding Sender/Resent-* headers, was
    Justin> Exchange/Outlook. ;)

Sender and Resent-* headers are relatively obscure, and most MUAs will
never generate them at all.  But they are allowed by RFC(2)822, and
the Caller ID doc interprets them correctly (IMHO) when they occur.

The only systems I'm familliar with that generate either of these
headers (ignoring list processors) are Unix mailers, and IME they
generate them in an RFC-compliant way, and CID would hence do the
right thing with them.

If you know of MUAs (or MTAs or anything else) that insert these
headers with semantics that differ from RFC(2)822, or in a way that
causes the Caller ID algorithm to behave other than as intended
(which, I think, amounts to the same thing) then examples would
certainly be useful.

       -roy