Re: The New SPF: introducing RFROM

2004-05-24 15:45:11
--Roy Badami <roy(_at_)gnomon(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk> wrote:

Sender and Resent-* headers are relatively obscure, and most MUAs will
never generate them at all.  But they are allowed by RFC(2)822, and
the Caller ID doc interprets them correctly (IMHO) when they occur.

Actually Sender: is not as obscure, it is mentioned also in RFC2476. (That is where MSA and MTA are sort of differentiated, and specifies things like (paraphrasing) "If you can't verify the return address belongs to the current user, you should reject the message or supply your own return path"

I think a few of the things we are trying to enforce more strongly are also mentioned in 2476.

gregc