Re: "Stripping Wars!" [Re: SPF is not usable as legal measure against spammers.]

2004-07-16 01:23:57
Hector Santos wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt Burleigh" <matt(_dot_)burleigh(_at_)eiisolutions(_dot_)net>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 10:12 PM
Subject: Re: "Stripping Wars!" [Re: [spf-discuss] SPF is not usable as legal
measure against spammers.]

Ahhh, RBBS - One of the original "Social Networking" "GroupWare" software
which allows you to create "sub-sections" per group of users catering to
similar interest <g>

Actually, I think it was called "RBBS-PC" and the sub-sections, or
message boards, were actually called "Conferences" or was that
PCBoard... Shoot, I think I ran them all including one called World War
Four and Wildcat! I remember FidoNet getting so big that we used to pull
the feeds off a 19.2k satellite dish. Then of course came the "USENET"
feeds... The "Internet" became, I think, every BBS SysOp's dream.
Unlimited callers, I mean connections, no more banks of modems and
dozens of phone lines...  God, that stuff was fun!

I developed the first Offline Mail System for the FidoNet called Opus
Xpress.  I wrote it in 2 weeks for the Opus BBS.  :-)

Wow! I remember alot of this stuff happening and I do remember Opus, QWK, Silver Express, Galaticomm and debates well. It was Its really awesome to hear some of the details this many years later. Its awesome to meet you after all this time!!!