Re: Re: Support for Internationalized Explanations

2004-07-25 15:52:01
Michel,

You're absolutely right.

It's too late at night and I'm punch-drunk from reading SPF-related lists all
day - I've got my senders and receivers all mixed up.

Of course its the sender's domain which records the explanation, so she _knows_
what language she (and the other users in her domain) prefer to read.

All I'm proposing is to add international character support to the way the SPF
explanation process works now.

Sorry for the confusion, everyone.

Off to bed now....

Chris

<snip>

I wrote:

These are the friends and aquantances of the would-be recipient, she wants
to help them understand what has happened and what they should do to be
able to get through to her.

It's my belief that the recipient is the only person who can decide which
language is the appropriate one to use for the explanation sent to her
'legitimate' senders.

 "Michel Bouissou" corrected me:

No.

<snip>
The current "SPF custom explanation model", which I find to be very smart,
assumes that the SENDER DOMAIN is the best placed to know what >languages it's
(alledged) members speak.

Furthermore, SPF is a way of publishing the SENDER DOMAIN policy >regarding
sending MTAs, so it's logical, as the policy is determined by the SENDER
domain, that the error messages to be returned when this policy is violated
should be determined by the (alledged) SENDER domain as well.

It's already the way it works, and it works good, so I don't really see where
the issue is...