RE: DNS Wildcards Myth #1

2004-08-07 16:57:36
William Leibzon wrote:
[...]
And no-one had the idea to put the SPF record at the "spf1"
subdomain?!

You can't make assumptions like that. What is stopping me
from going to large ISP that provides its customers sites
like userid.ispdomain.com for their homepage (number of them
do) and asking for userid "spf1".

Take a read archives:
http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com/200407/0200.html

Here is an answer on your userid.ispdomain.com :
Why my ISP not willing to create mailboxes root(_at_)ispdomain(_dot_)com,
postmaster(_at_)ispdomain(_dot_)com, abuse(_at_)ispdomain(_dot_)com for me ?
Why my ISP not willing to delegate me  www.ispdomain.com, ns.ispdomain.com,
mail.ispdomain.com, ftp.ispdomain.com subdomains ?

Because all of this are reserved words. SPFv1 will be reserved too !!

---
Andriy G. Tereshchenko
Odessa, Ukraine