Re: DNS Wildcards Myth #1

2004-08-06 07:48:23
In <613(_at_)rama(_dot_)pamho(_dot_)net> "Roger Moser"
<Roger(_dot_)Moser(_at_)rama(_dot_)pamho(_dot_)net> writes:

Wayne wrote:

Actually, the decision to move the records out of the _spf subdomain
was because too many DNS hosting companies did not support the
underscore.

And no-one had the idea to put the SPF record at the "spf1" subdomain?!

I can't recall anyone suggesting it, but then, I think that creating a
new host name (rather than a domain name that can't be a host name) is
a bad idea.

-wayne