Re: Good Domain List one step closer to reality (actually two steps)

2004-08-13 14:56:46
The point is to raise the costs of spamming. If they have to pay $300 to
obtain a real domain name to spam with, then that is $300 more than before.
If we raise the costs, there is less incentive to spam. If we can raise the
cost to exceed the revenue, then no one will ever spam again unless they
are really stupid.

In raising the cost of spamming, you're also raising the cost of legit email as well. Spamming can be very profitable, which is why people do it. The real way to stop spamming is for everyone to stop responding to spam and buying stuff from spammers, but that is not a reality.

Take care,
Tom