RE: Testing?

2004-08-14 20:34:41
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of guy
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2004 3:03 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [spf-discuss] Testing?

Thanks!  I failed the test.  Since I am on a DHCP IP address, I
forward out
using Comcast.net.  They don't have spf records!
Once I make a list of the outbound mail servers I can fix my spf
record and
re-test.

Guy

I don't know if Comcast's outbound servers vary regionally, but I came up
with
?ip4:204.127.202.0/24.  I'm in Maryland.  I'd be interested to see what you
get.  Also, I put the ? in front of it so that I don't get tagged with
having sent stuff that other Comcast customers (or potentially the spammers
that have zombified them) send with my domain.

I would encourage you to put in a support call to them asking them to create
an SPF record.  I've had one in for two months that's still open (we've
forwarded to a higher level and they'll get back to you).

If they get more requests, they might be more likely to act.

Scott Kitterman