RE: Good Domain List one step closer to reality (actually two steps)

2004-08-16 10:09:31
From: jpinkerton
Sent: August 16, 2004 7:50 AM

JohnP.

Well at least you did not attack me and suggest I was racist.

Instead you pointed out that Sympatico.ca runs "dirty mail
servers."

Yes, your right this was a major problem and Sympatico was placed
in the dsnbl.org black list.

It was amusing and sad to read through the file and see how Bell
Canada responded.

I note that Sympatico no longer allows customers to use port 25,
has some very stringent AUP terms and has otherwise taking steps
to clean up its act.

Having said this I am aware there are continued problems.

Were I live in Toronto, when I originally signed up it was either
Sympatico or Rogers for broadband service and Rogers is worse in
dealing with spam.

Recently a couple of other operators have come on the block and I
plan to change providers.

I am also aware that the President of BCE, the parent of Bell
Canada authored a study last year for a major international
business group, which suggested governments should not ban UCE in
regulating the commercial email industry.

I can send you the link to the site and the copy if you wish to
read it.

The Government of Canada's response generally to the UBE problem
has not been very good.

One of the better papers submitted to the ITU on the question of
law enforcement was written by a law professor from Ottawa U.

In reviewing the actions taken by Canada to date, he in essence
said:

"we know who the spammers are, the question is are we prepared to
do what it takes to shut them down."

If you wish I can post the link so you can read the paper.

As to the rest of your comments, thanks for putting up the
position as to how others perceive America's actions as I
reported them.

John

John Glube
Toronto, Canada

I do add that S

Slainte,

JohnP.
johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com
ICQ 313355492

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in
Atlanta features SPF and Sender ID.
To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily deactivate
your subscription,

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---