Re: Good Domain List one step closer to reality (actually two steps)

2004-08-16 23:05:40

Ian Peter wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I want to express concerns about the need to handle reputation
very well, and a strong concern that, until something is in place
and thoroughly communicated to domain holders, we should not rely

I would extremely happy if SPF/Sender-ID would come about mainstream
and work to protect domains.

Anything that involves a list or centralized database and reporting sounds
like <total yuck> to me. I like an SSL / CRL kind of scheme that identifies the
domain (mail sender) much better. Let the recipients decide who they
want to receive mail from. In my little mail system, I have blocked things
that looked (to me) like plain old SPAM only to have customers call me
up and ask why they weren't getting those "special offers" / whatever
anymore.

CYA,

Waitman Gobble