Re: Wildcard DNS entry

2004-09-09 08:52:29
On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 11:41:10PM -0400, Guy wrote:
I like option 4.  But only for the first year, after that assume "-all".
But "-all" only if IETF accepts spf as a standard.
During the first year, send a warning back to the sender about the grace
period?

Option 2 is good also.  But how high do you climb?  All the way to "."?

Maybe both!  Climb the tree, if nothing found assume "a/24 mx/24 ptr -all".

Well, you'd need some stopper. A special record that says 'if you are checking
for a record because you didn't find one on one of the lower domains, do not
look any further, i or my ancestors do not publish for lower domains'.

Perhaps this should be a modifier 'recurse=no' or something like that..

But as the spec is today...  I should use option 3?

It is your only option in the current state of affairs, correct.

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.