RE: No use of checking RFC2822 headers

2004-09-28 21:49:43
Carl Hutzler wrote:
The latter address is the email address which is
cdhutzler(_at_)aol(_dot_)com(_dot_) Carl Hutzler is the display name
or pretty name. We do not display the pretty name
in our AOL clients. Never have.

This is very good and we all thank you, but I'm afraid that the outlook
of the Outlook situation (pun intended) is bleak. The very reason
Outlook displays the pretty name is customer request, and delivering to
the customers what they want (no matter it's a good or bad idea) is what
made M$ successful.

I don't see a solution to it as of now, since millions would tell you
that it's a feature they want not a bug.

Michel.