Re: Why I think we should tolerate compatibility with PRA.

2004-10-04 11:56:24
Meng Weng Wong <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com>:
On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 09:46:37AM +0100, Danny Angus wrote:
| Winston churchill in 1938, in response to Chamberlain's appeasement said:
| "we seem to be very near the bleak choice between War and Shame. My feeling
| is that we shall choose Shame, and then have War thrown in a little later,
| on even more adverse terms than at present."

OK, I'd like to collect more opinions on this thread today
and then reformulate my position at the end of the day.

Meng, I've thought about it a lot and decided I have to side with the
anti-M$ers on this one.  You tried to play nice and unify everybody;
that was good, and I'm glad you tried.  But there does come a point at
which we have to recognize that further attempts to play nice are just
empowering an implacable and vicious enemy.

Churchill noticed that with respect to the Nazis in 1938.  George W.
Bush figured it out with respect to Islamic terrorism in 2002.  Within
the context of the (thankfully) much less lethal struggle that SPF is
part of, Microsoft has proven to be just as implacable.  You are
certainly more intelligent than George Bush and probably brighter than
Winston Churchill.  What's taking you so long?