Re: Why I think we should tolerate compatibility with PRA.

2004-10-04 12:42:24
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 02:56:24PM -0400, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
| part of, Microsoft has proven to be just as implacable.  You are
| certainly more intelligent than George Bush and probably brighter than
| Winston Churchill.  What's taking you so long?

George Bush and Winston Churchill had armies.

So do you.   Their's might have had more guns, but yours controls
something people need even more today....  Email.

If some big players, like AOL and or Google are behind SPF ( and they
have published SPF records ) then we have a better than even chance of
making an SPF derived solution successful.

IMO, no matter what microsoft does, the first group to widely deploy a
working solution, whether them or us, will win.  End users don't care.
They have no understanding of what's going on, if they're aware of the
debate at all.  They just want less SPAM.  They don't even understand
the difference between forgeries and non-forged headers.  It's all just
SPAM to them.

It's time to quit waiting for Microsoft to play nice, because that's
like waiting for a hungry lion to eat his broccoli.

-Tim

--
There are 10 types of people on Earth.  Those who understand binary, and those
who don't.