RE: Why I think we should tolerate compatibility with PRA.

2004-10-04 18:43:27
On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, william(at)elan.net wrote:

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, John Glube wrote:

http://www.ftc.gov/os/comments/emailauthentication/512447-0039.pdf

What a load of self-serving and self-promoting cr** !

However one particular part of their text I do want to share with this
group (actually I want to share more then that, but I could not find
way to just copy the text from letter into an editor and I dont want
to retype too much).

So for those of you who want to know what Microsoft thought of
closing of MARID WG and what they are doing about it:

[I'm adding additional text which I apparently forgot when doing only
 one paragraph]

 "The IETF working group on Sender ID has not reached consensus on the
  proposal and has suspended its worK for now - decision which is being
  appealed - but the disclosure of intellcctual property rights to
  IETF and its publication of Sender ID Framework specifications
  endures and thereby satisfies the conditions for an open standard

  The test of whether Sender ID or any other proposed solution is an open
  standard is not Whether it has been ratified through an open consensus-
  based process, but rather whether the proposal can be widely adopted -
  indeed many successfull industry standards are not ratified by a
  standard-setting organization."

[Note: This text will be gong to mxcomp list in a moment]

When you have finished reading that document, if folks don't understand
the need to get on with the show, both technically, commercially and
public relations wise, then

So closure of MARID was not the end, the real show is just starting ...

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks