Re: Extreme times call for extreme measures?

2004-10-07 06:39:56
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 21:45:37 -0400, Theo Schlossnagle wrote
Yeah, but I would wish if they would delay the PTR check to see if the
user
is roaming and is going to login with ESMTP AUTH.  If no login, then go
ahead and do whatever.

Many do this.  It is quite easy to do with most OS MTAs (and
commercial ones too).

My favored technique is to accept direct-to-MX connections from dynamic IPs,
but to delay the initial greeting by 40 seconds.  If your MTA is
RFC-compliant, this is no problem.  If you're running some kind of ratware
that can't wait that long, you're not going to get any sympathy from me. ;)