Re: Extreme times call for extreme measures?

2004-10-07 19:51:33
guy wrote:

anyone using the same SMTP servers can forge my email
address!!!!  This is not acceptable!!!

3 solutions come to mind:

1 - ignore it, if the abuse desk of your ISP works (kids, do
    not try this with SpamCast ;-)  That's what I do,
2 - use ?whatever instead of +whatever in your sender policy.
    That's Scott's solution.
3 - Inform your ISP.  Ask them to implement RfC 2476 in a
    reasonable way.  One very fast idea (not tested) would be
    cat rfc2476.txt | sed -s 's/MAY/MUST/g' >> .plan

If that's the proper sed syntax, probably it isn't ;-)  Bye.