Re: Re: Has Meng sold us out to M$?

2004-10-14 03:24:44
On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 10:55:49PM +0200, Koen Martens wrote:

| Just my 2 cents: Meng is the one who does take the time to talk to these
| reporters, and answer all these emails and requests for interviews and
| stuff. Last week, Meng offered the 'position' of spokesperson for the
| spf community to the community, as far as I know, no one has stepped
| forward so far.

I just got off the phone with Karen Hoffman
<karen_hoffman(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net> who is doing a story for
http://www.redmondmagazine.com/.  I gave her my take on the
Sender ID situation, but cautioned her that as far as the
SPF community went, my opinion was in the minority.  Anyone
who disagrees with my views is, therefore, encouraged to
contact her directly.  If you do contact her, please follow
up to this thread saying you've done so --- we don't want
her to be inundated with dozens of phone calls :)

Meng,
 I solute you for doing "the right thing" and telling to us about this
new interview and giving opportunity for others to talk to the reporter
as well and for telling reporter that you do not represent majority
opinion of spf community in your interview. I would hope that this would
not be a singular event and that same would continue in the future.

Regarding RedmondMagizine I'm not certain that they would ever print
anything that goes against Microsoft interests as its heavy Pro-Microsoft
publication. So while contacting them and letting them know that SPF
community does not like Microsoft proposed solution or their use of
spf1 records is good, I doubt they would print this out and will
most likely provide Meng's position anyway.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks