Re: Re: Has Meng sold us out to M$?

2004-10-14 01:09:19
On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 09:55:07AM +0200, jpinkerton wrote:
Well - I tried to contact Meng directly about this, and other matters, but I
got no response. :-(
I am not technically competent enough to "front" the PR job, and my daily
life would prevent me from travelling to the various meetings.

There were a total of some 7 volunteers asked for by Meng.  As far as I know
none are filled, people preferring to d that part of a job they feel
competent to do, and have time for.

Perhaps this says more about the job specifications than the community.

One of those positions has been volunteerd for: the 'customer support'
part. I have set up an RT and together with 3 other volunteers we are
now handling the spf requests coming in via the spf.pobox.com site.

Doing what Meng is currently doing for spf is a big job, and unless
others volunteer to take some of the work of of his shoulders, we should
be carefull in critisizing what he does.

On the other hand, the involvement with microsoft makes it increasingly
difficult to find volunteers obviously. Consider Wayne who has had very
good technical contributions, who now is not involved at all in spf
development anymore because of the microsoft ordeal. This is a great
loss for the community if you ask me.

I am afraid the spf community is going to suffer the same fate as the
marid working group if this goes on, which would mean that microsoft has
won :(

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.