Re: Has Meng sold us out to M$? -- WAS -- Re: spf entries for which hosts ???

2004-10-13 00:18:34
On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 08:52:36AM +0200,
 jpinkerton <johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com> wrote
 a message of 64 lines which said:

The spf community needs to decide what the "official spf-community
policy" is going to be.

Come on, there is no "SPF community". There are individuals on that
mailing list, they chat, write code, write specs, etc but they are not
a community, with a common goal and a commonly-agreed view of the
world.

Meng can do what he wants, Mark too and you and me too.

Of course, reporters will sometimes present Meng as "the inventor of
SPF" (not false) and sometimes as "SPF leader" (clearly false) but you
cannot prevent the reporters for being ignorant :-)

So, I suggest to leave Meng alone and to concentrate on tasks we can
do: getting the RFC out (reading the draft, checking it, lobbying at
IETF 61, etc), improving the code, developing a test suite,
evangelizing SPF (in French:
http://www.generic-nic.net/formation/lmap/), registering in the new
SPF help system to help newbies
(http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com/200410/0393.html),