Re: Re: Has Meng sold us out to M$?

2004-10-14 00:55:07

----- Original Message -----
From: "guy" <pobox(_at_)watkins-home(_dot_)com>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 5:38 AM
Subject: RE: [spf-discuss] Re: Has Meng sold us out to M$?

About 1 week ago Meng offered the position.  I guess no one accepted it!

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 03:17:43PM -0400, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
| On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 08:17:14PM +0200, jpinkerton wrote:
| |
| | We need a press/PR/commercial group to make sure SPF is well
| | publicised as soon as we have experimental status.
| |

| John, would you like to be responsible for running this group?

If someone is interested in running PR for SPF, could they please respond?
Your duties will include spending up to 1 hour per day on the phone with
reporters during a busy period, including weekends, plus regular email
corresponence with about a dozen journalists.

If someone is available to attend an FFII event Nov 9 and 10 in Brussels,
could they please respond?  You will be expected to present the current
state of affairs regarding SPF/MARID/Sender ID and discuss the patent
implications.

Well - I tried to contact Meng directly about this, and other matters, but I
got no response. :-(
I am not technically competent enough to "front" the PR job, and my daily
life would prevent me from travelling to the various meetings.

There were a total of some 7 volunteers asked for by Meng.  As far as I know
none are filled, people preferring to d that part of a job they feel
competent to do, and have time for.

Perhaps this says more about the job specifications than the community.

Slainte,

JohnP.
johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com
ICQ 313355492