Re: [comment] Vote of confidence/no-confidence in Meng as SPF representative

2004-10-27 01:08:17
On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 05:22:08AM +0100, Shane Rush wrote:
What on earth makes anybody imagine that a new leader will do better
than Meng's spectacular failure to solicit donations or be provided
with options to delegate some tasks ?

This is an insult. Apparently, the amount of time I and others are
spending on spf as volunteers is not noted at all. Well, if that's the
case why should we bother anymore? Meng no longer cares, all those
people who rarely posted to the spf list and haven't ever written a
single piece of code or documentation don't care. Then why should I
care. Let microsoft take it over, mess it up, and we're back at square
one.

You know, I had great plans, I wanted to put a lot of time to make spf a
success. I have already written code, documentation and been very active
on spf-help and recently in the support team. What do I get for it? I'm
being ignored by Meng and likewise, my efforts are nullified by a couple
of silent lurkers who all of a sudden wish Meng to continue to sleep
with microsoft. Heck, these silent lurkers who all of a sudden became
voiced probably are all ms employees anyway. Please, either do the job
yourselves or shut up..

I think now is the time to really fork: let Meng and his group of loyal
lurkers go on and continue microsoft, and let the ones who are putting
real coding and documentation time in spf go on with spf. I call for a
fork.

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.