Re: [OT] HTML rant (was: Moved to SES-DEVEL list)

2004-11-03 00:07:06

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Ellermann" <nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>

The why.html tool with its option debug would be perfect for my
purposes, if it only would be displayed on a simple text page
or in the old <pre> layout.  Now I'm forced to grab the HTML
source and extract the plain text debug result manually, sigh.

I'll see what I can do about this - what format do you want the result in?

I'm not personally aware of any contact form

<http://www.spf-help.net/contact.html>  I consider pages with
"contact forms" _instead_ of a simple mailto link as a personal
insult.  These "contacts forms" _never_ work.  Of course I try
to avoid them like hell unless I "must" use them.  And that's
exactly the moment when I'm most pissed off if they don't work,
as always.  Even the amazon.com "contact forms" are a personal
insult.  Normally amazon sets the standard in all "visible with
any browser" issues, but "contact forms" are a royal PITA.

Heh - I sort of agree - but spammers rule, so there's no e-mail links on
spfhelp ;-)  Try the form before you slate it completely, Frank - it goes to
Koen's nice little help group who will respond via their wiki.   If there
are any improvements you'd like I'll gladly consider them, but I *much*
prefer to not have an e-mail link - not even an obfuscated one - the
spammers are not far from cracking them too......

Slainte,

JohnP.
johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com
ICQ 313355492