Re: [OT] HTML rant

2004-11-05 11:50:15
jpinkerton wrote:

I can see at least two other references to "mailto:"; in the
source on that page

The other mailto links go to the privacy officers of my ISPs,
I meant only the <http://purl.net/xyzzy/mailto/webmaster>

another one on a page directly linked from it.  Not good
enough for my taste,

That's actually another trick by my old ISP.  The HTML page
.impressum.html (required by German law) does not really
exist, it's generated dynamically when you ask for it with an
intentional delay.  Harvesters trying to get .impressum.html
from millions of T-Online customers need some centuries for
this task.  Forget it, it's my old ISP, he will delete these
pages soon, and then I'll fix my privacy page with this link.

                          Bye, Frank