Pledge of agreement with SPF Community Position

2004-11-09 03:55:22
Everyone,

If you have not already, please read the following document:

http://www.openspf.org/OpenSPF_community_position_v101.html

This document is a culmination of the words of multiple individuals on
this list and is linked from the http://spf.pobox.com/senderid.html web
page.

If you agree with this position*, then please pledge that you do using
the "SPF Community Position Pledge" available here: http://OpenSPF.org

* If you believe that the position held by the document is in need of
revision or other modification please voice this opinion to the list and
appropriate action will be taken if necessary to modify the document in
the manner set out by your proposal.

I would like to ask for a person or persons to submit one or two
paragraphs containing better wording than the information I currently
have made available from the http://OpenSPF.org website.  What is there
currently is what I came up with spur of the moment to attempt to
provide those viewing the site with an explanation as to its existence.

Whilst it may appear that this is all my doing, the truth is actually
far from it.  I extend the offer to any and all who wish to shape the
information and resources available from this website.  Its currently
unofficial, and will remain that way unless there was a community vote
that this website should become the official voice.

I make it clear that I have absolutely no desire to run this community.
I simply wish to help it.  I'm not going to impose anything upon anyone,
and anyone with good a respectable position of this community is welcome
to submit information to be made available from my unofficial site and I
will happily make it available.

If you have any questions relating to or stemming from this email please
don't hesitate to contact me off list, or if appropriate right here in
these forums.

Cheers,

James

--