Re: Pledge of agreement with SPF Community Position

2004-11-10 00:24:48
On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 23:24 -0800, william(at)elan.net wrote:

Geez!  I saw so much anti-MS comment I sailed straight past comments
on Meng.  I agree completely, for most people outside this group
Meng is SPF,  SPF is already accepted as a success = Meng is a
success.   Badmouthing both Meng (SPF) and MS will ensure that Pobox
becomes the only trusted voice of SPF - well done....... :(

Shane is correct. Bandmouthing individual and company is not appropriate
for public statement and we should also not bring our dirty laundry to
public and that is what it'd be seen as with Meng's name being there..

I'm not sure precisely what Shane is referring to?  I am hoping that he
can pinpoint the offending lines and we can attempt to rectify the
situation.

And in regards to Microsoft/PRA while we can critisize certain solution
because of technical or legal (licensing) problems we should try to stay
away from saying Microsoft is devil (which it maybe :) nor even that
they are out to get us (i.e. F/OSS movement - which is true, but we
should say it in the way that they are using deceptive methods to build
a monopoly, etc).

There is no negative wording of Microsoft whatsoever anywhere on the
site, nor has there been, I just want to make that clear.  The wording
in question was the way I was attempting to infer that the project had
grown beyond the scope of Meng's time and any one individuals abilities.

I'm posting the latest wording for comment in my next message.

Cheers,

James

--
James Couzens,