RE: About 15 minutes ago at the FTC summit, Meng said SRS sucks

2004-11-10 23:14:16
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:59:48 -0800 (PST), william(at)elan.net wrote:
 >  Since then someone speaking for BATV said that SES is BATV, or
 >  part of the BATV framework.  Maybe he was indicating SES is
 >  similar to BATV. I was unclear about that.  I also don't know
 >  any details about BATV.
  Meng is the one who said since BATV is framework than SES can be
  considered part of BATV and so its not completely "untested" and
  several people are using it. I don't think Meng understand
  technically the differences that exist between BATV and SES,

BATV is a meta-syntax that supports multiple schemes, with a basic scheme
provided. When Meng asked me if BATV was a "framework" I did not realize he
meant it somehow encompassing specifications that have nothing to do with BATV.

  Now the reason I'm actually telling you about it is that I spend
  some deal of time trying to talk to Doag (and tomorrow will try it
  on CLEAR meeting) that BATV format needs to be extended to
  accomdate multiple types of "signatures" at the same time.

  If I can convince them (which is not likely, but they have 0
  deployment right now, so maybe they are little more open to more
  extendable format and its not a big change), then I think SES
  people and SRS really should   change to fit into BATV framework
  so that all can co-exist together (right now that is not possible).

What is the requirement for multiple signatures?

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking