Re: About 15 minutes ago at the FTC summit, Meng said SRS sucks

2004-11-11 00:37:56
Hi !!

Since then someone speaking for BATV said that SES is BATV, or part of the
BATV framework.  Maybe he was indicating SES is similar to BATV.  I was
unclear about that.  I also don't know any details about BATV.

BATV is a general syntax on how to sign the envelope sender.
SES has a very similar syntax for signing the envelope sender but also
specify how you could add spf records to indicate that your domains
always use signed envelope senders. BATV was aimed at detecting false
bounces (BATV is Bounce Address Tag Validation), SES does that and also
pretend to stop forgery by publishing spf records so others could verify
and reject non signed messages.

--
Best regards ...

It's a fine line between fishing & standing still

   On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david(_at_)ols(_dot_)es
   Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
   08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53