Re: Poll on Organizing the Council

2004-11-13 11:17:40
william(at)elan.net wrote:

As always please answer by replying to the list

Please move future polls to another list or better do it
by mail.  If you later post a summary with the names of
the participants and their votes, then that's good enough
to catch simple errors (resp. obvious fraud).

I refuse to follow your restrictions in this poll and add
my opinion where it pleases me.

Do you believe that SPF Organization (and SPF council)
need to have defined rules of order to function properly
and be able to represent SPF Community?

NO.  But as soon as they "need" it they're free to do it.

Do you want to see elections immediately for SPF council

YES, JohnP organizes this "election", and it starts Monday.

Work on SPF charter and rules of conduct.  YES/NO

NO, but they are free to waste time in any way they like.

Supervise SPF community activities as seen in part 3 of
my original SPF Organization Questionnaire? YES/NO

YES, you got a rough consensus for this in your 1st poll.

Where my definition of "rough consensus" differs from
your definition, because you dismissed a few global NOs.

how long should the council function?
   Answers:

n/a  It should function until it dissolves itself, or the
number of its members drops to zero, or the SPF community
found a better way to organize itself, or the goals are
reached.  Count this as "3 b" (6 months are long enough).

What should be the rules for initial election for the
council?

Whatever JohnP decides, he'll ask "us" if that's unclear.
Your "4 e" could be used against massive fraud attempts.

This isn't Florida or the Iraq, this is only SPF-DISCUSS.
Mr. Renquist has no vote, it's a fictitious character in
a fictitious novel by Brunner.

Who would you like to see conducting elections for SPF
Community?

Whatever JohnP decides, he started this.  If you want to
do it and JohnP supports it, no problem, but use mail for
the votes.  Now please, we're doing this for _decades_ in
Usenet, it's no problem, a minimum of common sense and fair
play usually works.
                         Bye, Frank