RE: Poll on Organizing the Council

2004-11-13 16:41:31
See my responses below

Terry Fielder
Manager Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
terry(_at_)greatgulfhomes(_dot_)com
Fax: (416) 441-9085

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
william(at)elan.net
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2004 12:44 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: [spf-discuss] Poll on Organizing the Council

I'm going to conduct new poll on organizing itself because I
do not think
current effort is going to go well and it is not
representative of what
SPF community is expecting (but I may well be wrong). If it
turns out I'm
wrong and people really want to have the council immediately
that will decide
what to do for next year (with no rules governing it or
organization) then
I'll be able to properly decide on the "conditional" part of
my acceptance
to be there and if I want to work on such council or not.

As always please answer by replying to the list and stick to
the question
itself (which except for question 5 has multiple choice or
yes/no answers).
This poll will last 5 days until Wednesday.

Questions:

1. Do you believe that SPF Organization (and SPF council) need to have
   defined rules of order to function properly and be able to
represent
   SPF Community?
     Answers: YES/NO
Yes

   If answered YES, how do you think the rules should be approved:
     a. Separate full work on the SPF-discuss mail list
     b. Vote only by SPF elected council
B  (Time is of the essence, let's not get bogged down)

2. Do you want to see elections immediately for SPF council (answer
   no matter how you answered 1)?
     Answers: YES/NO
Yes

   If answered YES, what do you believe this new council should do
   (answer each question separately):
     2a. Work on SPF charter and rules of conduct.  YES/NO
Yes

     2b. Supervise SPF community activities as seen in part 3 of my
         original SPF Organization Questionnaire? YES/NO
Yes  (From my recollection, but it would have been better if you had provided a
link to said
statement so we could reread and refresh)

3. If elections for the council are carried out without any formally
   approved rules, how long should the council function?
   Answers:
     a. Until the new SPF charter and rules are approved by
the community
Yes (a)

     b. For 6 months no matter what
     c. For 1 year no matter what
     d. For 2 years no matter what
     e. The elections should not be carried out at all if there
        are no approved rules on how long SPF council will serve.

4. What should be the rules for initial election for the council?
   Answers:
     a. Anybody at all (no restrictions for those on spf-discuss
        no matter if they posted before or not).
     b. Anybody who have participated in SPF Community (based
        on at least one post on spf-discuss mail list)
Yes (b)

     c. Only those who have participated in SPF Community recently
        based on last 1 month of posts
     d. Only those who have participated in SPF Community recently
        based on last 2 month of posts
     e. Those who have participated more actively in SPF (at least
        2 posts every month for 3 of last 6 months)

5. Who would you like to see conducting elections for SPF Community?
   (Give the name of one of the active SPF participants who you like
    to see do it. The person with more votes then others will be asked
    to do it. If he/she declines, then next person on the list, etc)
JohnP

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in
Atlanta features SPF and Sender ID.
To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily
deactivate your subscription,