RE: [IETF] Allocation of the new RR type for SPF

2004-11-13 11:06:48

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
terry(_at_)ashtonwoodshomes(_dot_)com

I thought that you were a member of the 'deploy now its
time' world.

I am. But I'm also asking to have SPF dns record type issued ASAP
and continue using SPF with TXT for now with dual use with new RR
for next 2-3 years and full move to new RR by 2010.

Phasing in the new RR is possible. Phasing out the old is
not going to
happen.

Thanks for speaking for the rest of the world PHB, but you
have neither the authority nor the responsibility.  I for one
WILL replace my TXT records with dedicated RR records when
they become available and the new RR is implemented in the
latest versions of SPF distributions.

You and maybe 90% of the world, leaving 10% that will not change.

People are still using HTTP 0.9 despite the fact it has been obsolete for 12
years.

I doubt I am the only person who feels that way.

Which is why your blanket statement is both inaccurate and misleading.

I never said that nobody will change, only that enough people will not
change to make it impossible to take advantage of the change.

Its sad but that is the way the world works. There are still people who use
email clients that don't understand HTML despite the fact its been standard
for a decade.

Even sadder the last people to change will be people who pretend that they
are technically avante garde.

                Phill