RE: [IETF] Allocation of the new RR type for SPF

2004-11-12 09:06:53

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of Roger
Moser

Phillip wrote:

As you will remember I have consistently argued that the checking
algorithm should never have been a part of the standard. The SPF
record describes the configuration of your outgoing edge
MTAs, nothing
more. The interpretation of the records is for the receiver
to decide,
always has been.

A domain doing SES publishes "v=spf1 exists:%{l}._ses.%{o}
-all". Of course the receiver can interpret this record at it
desires, but if it uses it for anything else than the MAIL
FROM address, then it is just stupid.

I agree in that case, but that follows from the record itself, the
definition of {o} and {l} determine that.

I don't see the need for a scope record since the macros implicitly define
the scope.

                Phill